If you want to know about How To Sleep Better for a Healthy Life, then you must read this.
After a long day of routine work, human body needs to take some rest. Therefore, we all go to sleep at Night. In fact, Sleep is one of the basic human body needs. We need at least 8 hours of sleep for our bodies to function properly.
A lack in sleeping hours will cause many illnesses to our body. Few of them are Insomnia, Sleep Apnea and Parasominas. Here we will learn all about How to enjoy a good sleep for a healthy living.
How to sleep better
Imagine, you had a long tiring day at work and now you are at home and you just want to sleep. You get on the bed, turn of the lights and just want to a peaceful sleep.
But, you are just lying on the bed, tossing and turning from one side to another, but you are no near to a sound sleep. Tomorrow, when you will wake up, you will be tired, inactive and scatter-brained. Because, you needed rest last night, but you did not get it.
Therefore, you need to be more selective in your daytime choices in order to sleep better at night. A healthy diet and a little bit exercise will help you sleep better at night.
Following are the instructions to sleep better at night. You must strictly follow these instructions, so that you can have a sound sleep at night.
Synchronize Your Body’s Natural Sleep Cycles
Synchronizing your Body’s Natural Sleep Cycles, is the first important thing you should do, if you want to sleep better at night. Try to make a schedule of your bed time and awakening time. You should follow this routine strictly.
So, that when the sleep time comes, your body will start signalling that its bed time and you need to go to the bed. You can also follow these instructions to sleep better at night.
- Go to bed and Wake Up at the same time every day.
- Do not sleep in on weekends.
- Limit your naps to 15 to 20 minutes.
- Resist Dinner Sleepiness.
Maintain Your Exposure to Sunlight
Melatonin is a hormone in our body that regulates the natural cycle of our body. However, when you stay in the dark for a long time, Your brain produces more melatonin. Therefore, you feel sleepy all the time after being in the dark for a good amount of time.
However, when you expose your body to the sunlight for a short time, your body begins to produce less amount of Melatonin. Thus, effecting the natural Sleeping Cycles of Your Body. To enjoy a good sleep at night, you need to work on your exposure to Sunlight.
- Embrace the brighter Sunlight in the morning.
- Enjoy the sunlight more in the day time.
- Let in more light into your home and working places.
- If needed, use a light therapy box.
- Restrict from Bright Screens before 1 or 2 hours of your Bed time.
- Turn off the lights when you go to the bed.
- Use the mid lights, if you happen to be up late at night.
Studies have shown that people who exercise in the day timings, sleep better at night. Exercise is a good habit, not only its improves your over all health, but also reduces the symptoms of sleeping disorder such as Insomnia and Sleep Apnea.
Even if you walk for ten minutes, your night sleep is going to improve. However, if you exercise hard, you will experience more sleep benifits.
To enjoy a good sleep at night, you need to follow these instructions in your Exercise timings.
- Do not exercise before you go to bed.
- Start with moderate and then move to hard workouts.
- Try Yoga and Gentle Stretching in the evening.
- Full Sleeping Benefits from exercise can take time, so be patient.
Eat and Drink Healthy
As we all know we are what we eat. Unhealthy eating habits in the day times can disturb your night sleep. So you need to be more cautious and selective about what you eat and drink all the day.
- Reduce your Caffeine intake.
- Smoke less.
- Avoid drinking before bed.
- Do not take big meals before bed.
- Do not drink too many drinks in the evening.
- Reduce your sugar intake.
- Limit the Refined Carbs intake.
Meditate Before You Sleep
When you go to bed at night, your mind is often filled with worrying thoughts from your daily life routine. Therefore, You are unable to sleep under the shadow of these fretting thoughts. However, a little mediation can help you with clearing your mind and let go of any stress, anxiety and worries.
How to meditate for a better sleep?
You can follow this meditation guide to sleep better at night.
- Lye down on your bed.
- Close your eyes.
- Inhale fresh air from your nose. Let in as much air as you can.
- Exhale from your mouth. Let out as much air as you can.
- Repeat this process for at least five minutes.
This will help you sleep better at night.
Improving your sleeping Environment
At night, when we go to sleep, we often find ourselves in a very uncomfortable position. These un-relaxing environment can be troublesome for you, when you are too tired after a long day at office and just want to sleep.
Here are some tips to improve your sleeping environment.
- Keep the noise Down.
- Your Room Temperature should be moderate (nor hot, not cold).
- Your Bed should be comfortable.
- Turn off the lights before you go to bed.
- Use mosquito and bee repellents.
This information is not a medical cure for Sleep Apnea or Insomina. If you need medical assistance. Please contact your doctor. This is just a guide to sleep better at night.
Sleep is the most important activity for our body. A person failing to complete his sleeping cycles, will experience many sleep related illnesses. Therefore, it is very important for us to take considerable actions to improve our quality of sleep.
What triggers sleep?
A Harmon called melatonin which is formed in the dark, triggers sleep in our body.
How can I sleep instantly?
Engaging in an imaginary distractions can help you sleep instantly.
What means sleep?
Sleep means to lay down in a resting position so that our body can take rest and be energetic for the coming day.